Chatham-Kent Sexual Assault Crisis Centre
Job Posting: Support & Advocacy Worker (up to 1 year maternity leave)
Grounded in the grass-roots anti-rape movement, Chatham-Kent Sexual Assault Crisis Centre (CKSACC) provides support, advocacy and information for women 16 years of age or older, who have experienced sexual assault/harassment/abuse. CKSACC works towards the elimination of gender-based violence through public education and special projects/events.
The successful candidate will be required to participate in the delivery of all CKSACC programs and services, as well as a rotating back-up schedule and should possess:
- Feminist-based understanding of sexualized violence and its effects on women, children and the broader society;
- Knowledge of systems and structures related to human rights, justice, health, social and community services;
- Familiarity with existing community resources;
- Proven ability to provide effective, crisis and ongoing support/counselling;
- Active listening and clear communication skills;
- Demonstrated presentation skills.
- Commitment to equality, anti-racism/anti-oppression, anti-violence;
- Ability to apply an intersectional feminist perspective in the delivery of programs and services;
- Computer knowledge and strong computer skills;
- Education derived from a combination of: formal education, studies in specialized programs; previous employment; community work, and lived experience;
- Additional assets include the ability to speak French / ASL / 2nd language.
Please forward Resumé with Cover Letter:
- By email to: firstname.lastname@example.org, or
- By regular mail to: CKSACC Personnel Committee,
405 Riverview Drive, Unit 101, Chatham, ON N7M 0N3
Applications must be received by Monday, December 10, 2018.
While all applications are appreciated, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone calls or other enquiries please.